The Lester B. Pearson School Board in conjunction with the Board’s Digital Citizenship Program held a live streamed parent webinar November 6, 2013. Dr. Alissa Sklar Ph.D. and Tanya Avrith M.A. Ed Tech facilitated the session. The focus of the webinar addressed how we can use social media in positive ways as well as a vehicle to improve learning.
Topics that were addressed:
• Develop an understanding of how your child builds their digital footprint.
• Learn how to instill in your child values that will help them become responsible digital citizens.
• Learn some tips on how to engage online with your children.
• Practical ideas for how you can embrace digital technology with your child.
• Looking at how you can develop an understanding of how your child builds their digital footprint.
The videos that were addressed in the webinar can be found here:
For more information on the Digital Citizenship Program visit:
You can also connect with:
Tanya Avrith at tanyaavrith.com and follow her @edtechschools